My artwork is inspired and influenced by the environment around me, whether it be in the city or country, in the water or on land. The surfaces of my artwork are highly decorative and layered with acrylic paint, fine art papers and found objects.
I now enjoy the challenge of designing artwork in weathering steel, COR-TEN steel, using a hand-held plasma cutter in my workshop to create metal artwork for market stalls, galleries and nurseries.
Please message me on the Contact Page if you wish to know more.
Originally born in Queensland, Margaret now lives in Coburg, Melbourne, Victoria.
- 1996 — Graduated Diploma Graphic Communication, Melbourne University
- 1992 — Bachelor of Education Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL), La Trobe University
- 1985 — Bachelor of Education / Arts & Crafts, Melbourne University
- Box Hill TAFE
- Education Reform Association (ERA)
I am now a practicing artist working from my home studio creating metal artwork in weathering steel, COR-TEN steel with a ‘hand-held plasma cutter’ to enhance your garden or decorate your home. I sell through markets, nurseries and galleries and commission work for you.
Please contact me if you wish to discuss matters further through the CONTACT page.
- Christmas Exhibition Bolin Bolin Gallery, Bulleen 2018
- Melbourne Teapot Exhibition Stonehouse Gallery, Warrandyte 2018
- ‘Birds of a Feather’ Stonehouse Gallery, Warrandyte
- SmallWorks Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy 2018
- Christmas Exhibition Bolin Bolin Gallery, Bulleen 2017
- ‘TWO SPIRITS’ Bolin Bolin Gallery, Bulleen 2017
- ‘Small Works’ Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy 2017
- ‘HORIZONS’ Red Tree Gallery, Jindivick 2017
- ’40 x 40 Smallworks’, Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy
- ‘Factivism’, Counihan Gallery, Brunswick 2016,
- ‘The Light and The Dark Show’ Red Tree Gallery, Jindivick 2016
- Annual group exhibition Women’s Salon now Moreland Summer Show, Counihan Gallery, Brunswick 2015
- ‘Quadrant Summer II’, Quadrant Gallery, Hawthorn 2014
- ‘Current Tendencies’, Moreland Summer Show, Counihan Gallery, Brunswick 2014
- ‘Speak Out’ Moreland Summer Show, Counihan Gallery, Brunswick 2013
- Jindivick Sculpture Show Jindivick, 2012
- Moreland Summer Show, Counihan Gallery, Brunswick 2005-2011
- ‘Six Secrets’ Fitzroy Gallery, Fitzroy 2006
- Women’s Salon, Counihan Gallery, Brunswick 2001-2005
- ‘WOMEN’ Mechanics Institute Gallery, Brunswick 1994-1999
- ‘Linden Postcard Show’, Linden Gallery, St Kilda 1984
- Commissioned to illustrated & adapt ‘A Children’s Story About Easter’ for St Paul’s Anglican Church, Canterbury, 2019
- Commissioned to create seven weathering steel signs, Burke and Wills Winery, Folk Festival 2019
- Artist in Residence, Carey Baptist Grammar School – Kew Campus 2018
- Lyrebird Wall Panel, Sassafras Tavern, Sassafras 2018
- Celtic Cross Melbourne for a family grave-site 2018
- Commissioned to design & install World War 1 Centenary Anniversary Memorial Gates, Coburg Primary School 2017
- Commissioned to design & paint six exterior mural panels for Dream Stitches children’s play area
- Commissioned to design & paint Paschal candle for St Paul’s Anglican Church, Canterbury 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Coordinated children’s project of making a large jigsaw puzzle of ‘The Lord’s Pray’ for St Paul’s Anglican Church, Canterbury, 2017
- Mosaic memorial commissions for people’s pets
- Mosaic commissions for interior plagues St Faith’s Church Burwood
- Mosaic commissions for interior surrounds of a fireplace